To all you geeks out there! There's a design competition done through the Guggenheim Musuem and Google Sketch Up to create a shelter in a specific location for sleeping and working. Apparently it's Frank Lloyd Wright's 142nd birthday today. The entries are due 8/24 in case you're interested! Here's the links to the competition and more information:
http://sketchupdate.blogspot.com/2009/06/announcing-design-it-shelter.html
http://www.guggenheim.org/new-york/education/sackler-center/design-it-shelter
I tried using Google Sketch Up about two years ago but for some reason I couldn't get it working. I sure hope after my SolidWorks class I'd have better luck with it, but you never know...
The winner of the design gets airfare/accommodation to NYC, so that's enough to get me to participate!
Design It: Shelter Competition
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cool Sites
Blogroll, please.
Archives
Labels
- 1st day of school
- 3D modeling
- about nicestems
- ajax
- ASME
- back to school
- cartoons
- competition
- csun
- diy
- drawings
- drones
- engine rebuild
- engineering organizations
- fractured ankle
- green
- guggenheim
- hating math
- homework
- honda civic crank pulley bolt
- humor
- introduction
- japanese
- jazz
- jennifer
- laura
- math
- mechanical engineering
- Misc
- motivation
- nano
- nerds
- past
- physics
- precalc
- Pro-E
- procrastinating
- programming
- robotics
- robots
- SAE
- SAE Baja
- sketch up
- Solidworks
- sucking at math
- technology
- traditional degrees
- trigonometry
- UAVs
- work/life balance

0 comments:
Post a Comment