When I first started attending class again for the winter intersession at my local community college(CC), I thought little of it. Sure, I was putting in a good 4 hours every Monday-Thursday not to mention study time, but I was unemployed and had the luck of leisurely completing my coursework.
Fast forward to the current full-length spring semester and although I'm only taking one class that meets one night a week, suddenly my world has been turned upside down by the appearance of The Job. Yes, it appears even I am employable(and loving it), working 40 hours a week.
Now that I'm working again, I can truely say that you'd have to be slightly off-center to want to work full-time and go to school full-time. It's a huge challenge and I tip my hat to those of you doing this very thing. Heck, even part-time work is a burden. Add on to that social obligations and relationships and you've got one heck of a schedule.
Everyone has their own way managing their time. Mine used to always consist around putting everything off till the last minute. Now that I'm older and less willing to suffer from sleep deprivation, I've found that taking advantage of even little amounts of free time really speeds up the completion of my tasks. This is also a great way to break up a huge block of homework or start seemingly insurmountable projects.
Ultimately, it comes down to just how much of a workload I'll eventually be able to handle. I want to be optimistic about it, but I truely won't know until I'm in the thick of it. I know I'm throwing my work/life balance towards school for the short term and hopefully I'll reap the rewards for it later on.
The Art of Balance
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cool Sites
Blogroll, please.
Labels
- 1st day of school
- 3D modeling
- about nicestems
- ajax
- ASME
- back to school
- cartoons
- competition
- csun
- diy
- drawings
- drones
- engine rebuild
- engineering organizations
- fractured ankle
- green
- guggenheim
- hating math
- homework
- honda civic crank pulley bolt
- humor
- introduction
- japanese
- jazz
- jennifer
- laura
- math
- mechanical engineering
- Misc
- motivation
- nano
- nerds
- past
- physics
- precalc
- Pro-E
- procrastinating
- programming
- robotics
- robots
- SAE
- SAE Baja
- sketch up
- Solidworks
- sucking at math
- technology
- traditional degrees
- trigonometry
- UAVs
- work/life balance

1 comments:
Wow, that's insane! I can't imagine working full time and taking a class at night! Good job! And glad to hear you like your job =)
Post a Comment