What? No Homework?

Friday, April 24, 2009 ·

I just sent an email to my math professor asking for some homework problems to do over the weekend. I'm not crazy, I swear. You see, ever since the beginning of the semester (January), he's always assigned homework problems, usually 25 - 35 problems due every Friday. Because during the week I am completely drained from school and work, I usually try to do as much homework as I can over the weekend to lighten the load a bit. It usually takes me about 2 hours to do about 10 problems, so it takes me quite a bit of time to get through all the homework sets due at the end of the week. So, imagine my surprise when I logged onto my blackboard account to find that there was no homework posted! I thought he had forgotten so I emailed him but surprisingly he replied and said no homework was due next Friday. That really worries me. I'm afraid at the last minute he's going to tack on a bazillion problems that I will not be able to finish because of my turtle like pace in figuring out math problems. So, it's weird to not have to worry about math as much this weekend. But then of course, that forces me to have to tend to my other 2 classes, which I am not too excited about.

Finals are in 3 weeks and I am pretty freaked out, but calmly freaked out... I am completely at a loss of how to prepare/study all the material in an organized fashion without psyching myself out by getting overly anxious. My physics final makes up 35% of my final grade which worries me a lot. I've never been good at taking tests, especially cumulative finals. I study for them but for some reason I always perform badly on finals. *sigh*. If anyone has any good study/preparation tips, please feel free to share!

3 comments:

astrophoenix said...
April 27, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

Go back through the previous tests, your homework, and your class notes. Easy, right? ;)

Unknown said...
May 7, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

If your professor is anything like mine, I quickly learned to go over the problems he did in class several times before every test. Then as time allowed, I would go over the homework problems too. For a final, I agree with what astrophoenix said about going over old tests too. Good luck!!

Jennifer said...
May 19, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

Thanks you two for the comments and suggestions! I did just that for this week...we'll see how it goes!